CONTACT ME: Your comments and suggestions are always welcome. If they aren’t something you’d like everyone to read, instead of using the “Comments” sections on this website, email me at JOD.Books@gmail.com.
In fact, send me your name and email address and I’ll let you know whenever there’s something new for you to check out on this site.
[contact-form subject='[Jackie O%26#039;Donnell’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]
><>< ><>< ><>< ><>< ><>< ><>< ><>< ><>< ><><
People you can trust:
I’ve been involved with these people, and they meet my high standards of online (some with stores) businesses and organizations that treat people properly, honorably, and with respect.
- The Re-Mobilizers (www.Remobilizers.com) — Sales and service of equipment and products for people with disabilities. From wheelchairs and scooters to lifts to carry them in your car, plus lift/recliner chairs, bathing/dressing/eating aids, and much more.
- Golden Gate Western Wear (www.GoldengateWesternwear.com) — Hand-formed custom hats (you may have seen one on Jamie on “Myth Busters”), boots, belts, buckles, and pretty much anything else Western that you’d want.
- KIVA (www.Kiva.org) — A not-for-profit organization making a difference in developing nations. You can give a $25 loan (yes, it will be repaid, usually within ten months) to an entrepreneur, who will use it to build a life for him/herself, pulling out of poverty. You get updates on the individual you’ve given the loan to.
- Special Hands Jewelry (www.specialhandsjewelry.webs.com) — The artist was born with arms about half normal size, one finger on one hand, and four on the other. She puts all of them to work bringing to life the fruit of her imagination: unusual and beautiful pieces of jewelry. Her prices are more than reasonable and her pieces a treasure worth having.
- Engineering Techniques, Inc. (www.edm4.com) — Custom, production Wire EDM and EDM Sinker Services. Ultrafine Wire Electrical-Discharge Machining is their specialty. If you need such services, these are the best people around.
And some helpful blogs and websites:
- A travel blog we can use (http://irishsea-mark-videos.blogspot.com) Mark Heir describes parks and other outdoor areas he’s visited in his power wheelchair. He tells about accessibility, what’s there to see, cost, and other factors and attractions, and he includes some fantastic videos.
- A forum and help for allergy-sufferers (www.allergy-awareness.com) — Nancy shares ideas and encourages other allergy-sufferers to comment. The idea is to help each other live and cope with allergies AND learn how to protect themselves from the dangers that allergies can present.
- A website offering support for caregivers (www.caarer.com): This new website has articles, forums, ebooks (find one of mine there), and a gallery. Topics are aimed toward caregivers, but there’s a lot there, too, of general interest and help for people with disabilities.